Thursday, October 25, 2007

Gateworld, you make my head hurt

Whew! What a long day. Long but good so that's something. Of course didn't fall asleep til much later than I should have last night, dragging my ass around at work all day. We got busy with these stupid wrap platters. (just fyi, they are a mess and a pain to make.) Anyways Patsy and I were trying to work on them and Juan just kept coming over and messing with them and saying that we were doing it all wrong. Which of course we weren't but he's a guy so anything we did today wasn't right. Finally got those done, Poor Patsy was about ready to throw Juan to the curb, he can be a jerk when he wants. Whatever, we got slammed and I'm running around just trying to do whatever I can. Go to grab a piece of foil and slice my thumb open pretty good on the cutting edge of the foil box. So while the line gets longer I'm in the back trying to get it to stop bleeding long enough to get something on it and wrap it up. Even as I'm typing it still kinda hurts. So weird, I've never really hurt myself at work before and of all the things there to cut myself on (knives, slicers, ect.) the foil's the thing that gets me.
Got home from work and was too tired to take a shower. Sat around, at my sandwhich and messed with my myspace page with looks much better now than it did before. I was in the process of adding some friends from the Dgeek forum and didnt' want them to think my page was terrible. Silly I know but still. Forumed a little then went to choir practice. Realized that it's very hard to practice with no rythm section, ie bass and drums. So that was....interesting. Waited around for Wendy to get done with her study upstairs and talked to Amy Elam. She's pregant again, talked to her about that for a while. Love the Elams, had Maddie in Cubbies for a while, Ryan was the athletic director for Bethesda when I was there. I still remember the one time I had in school suspension in his office and he talked to me the whole time I was in there. The principal even came in and told him not to be nice to me because I was being punished haha. Good times. Anyways, then Wendy came down and we went to Starbucks and while standing in line realized neither one of us had eaten dinner. So we grabbed some coffee and then some fast food and then headed over to her apartment. I'd never seen it before so that was really fun. Talked for a while, I felt really bad cause I haven't talked to her in such a long time and she's a great person. We have a lot in common and she's always been wonderful to me. Hopefully we'll start hanging out more it's just hard when I only see her for a few minutes every week.
Headed for home since she was getting up at 6 (ew I know) and I was feeling sleepy while waiting for that latte to kick in. I've been on this computer for far longer than I'd like to admit exploring the MASSIVE forum of Gateworld. Uh, my head is still reeling. I've posted on there like once before but today I really tired to get more invested and really liked it so far. There's a lot of fantastic discussion and it's nice to know that so many people think the same thing you do. Seriously some of that stuff was like straight from my head. Scary....but nice. Us nerds gotta stick together. I did a lot more reading than posting but I think that's probably the best way to approach it. Don't want to say something dumb or offend someone. Plus I have a bunch of new lingo to learn. Thankfully Dgeek and Sci Fi have helped me learn a lot of it but now I'm playing with the big guns. So many threads and words like thunk and whump and slash. Thank goodness for all those help threads and the newbie guide or I would have no clue what was going on. Glad I didn't try and start off with Gateworld, that would have been insanity. I had no idea stuff like this exsisted out there. Of course, there's a lot to be found on the internet but still. I think I'm getting a headache from talking about it.
Well I think I should end with this exciting news - Atlantis will have another season!!!! Woot! There was much celebrating on all the forums today, so let the party continue. It's such a relief to finally know what's going to happen and that I have tons more SGA to look forward too. I'll have plenty to talk about with all my friends who live in my computer for a long time. Nitey nite!

-Rach

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay 5th season of SGA!

I just read your message on my blog and thought I'd message you back. I saw your request for an add on Myspace and added you.
Now I just have to remember you're greenrocks84 on ADB! (yeah...with my brain...probably not..lol)

I'm not much for TPTB killing off characters on SGA, but I'd be ok if they axed Katie next..lol. Yeah, I'm just not nice about her! Oh well, ya can't be nice 100% of the time. Only 99.9% and she's my .01% of bad..lol!