Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Colts move to 6-0

Well the rain that started right as I got to work just seemed to set the mood for the rest of my shift. It was alright for the first few hours, just a lot of nothing, got kinda busy, wished I was a home curled up in the recliner in my sweatshirt watching the pregame stuff on tv. As the evening drug on (we were never busy) situations for my co workers apparently drug on as well. Poor LeeAnn was being called over and over again by the college she went to but dropped out of who are not apparently trying to sue her for what she owes them. She was crying and yelling into her cell that she has no money but I don't think they were too compassionate seeing as how she's ignored all their attempts to get it from her thus far. And I guess that her live in fiance has moved back to Ohio and left her with all the bills for their apartment and such. I felt bad for her and probably should have just sent her home seeing as how all she did was cry for the remainder of the evening.
And then of course there's Amber. It just never ends with her, it really doesn't. One day it's "I'm never speaking to AJ again", the next she's yelling and swearing at him over the phone, the next she's crying because of the heartbreak. *rubbing temples* So tonight turned out to be talk to many people about how much of an asshole he is, then call him and hang up. Then when he calls back yell at him for being an asshole and say that you never want to talk to him again and hang up. That gets repeated a few times. Then later she's in tears about how he's ripped out her heart and she just wants to go home and cry on her mom's shoulder.
In the midst of all this, I am trying to get through the rest of my night and oh yeah, help customers. Since we're kinda at work and that's kinda the point of us being there. *sigh* Does no one know what professsionalism is anymore? It's like they have no filter, they just stand up there and complain to people they don't even know about their lives. Ok all they came in for was a sandwich not your life story. Good grief. I ended up going outside for a good 20 minutes and standing underneath the awning in front of the building. Just watched the rain come steadily down and tried to rally my spirits which by that point were very much mirroring the weather I was staring at.
Finally it was kickoff for my Colts and that lifted my mood in a snap. 20 minutes later after I wanted for the commercial, took off for home to watch the rest of the game. 29-7 was the final and my boys in blue are still undefeated! Not really that important but it was a big division game and now they've pretty much clenched home field advantage for the playoffs. They've beaten everyone in their division, which by the way is the top in the NFL, and they've defeated them on the road. They were kind of rusty tonight, a few missed here and there and Peyton was not really playing his A game. Which of course everyone will pick on because of stupid Tom Brady being "so spectacular" thus far. I'm so sick of hearing about the Pats, Tom Brady and all of it. It's like every announcer is enamored with them and just keeps gushing like a silly high school girl about her latest crush. Anyways, we all know that the Pats are pure evil (yeah their coach is a cheater and Tom's ex just had his child while he's with some model) and the Colts are the force of truth and justice in the galaxy. Anyways...oh right. The game. Later Dallas caught Peyton's only touchdown pass of the game. WOOT!! I was kinda disinterested by that point but that brought me right back! My #44 jersey works it's magic again. Since I got it last season Dallas has a TD in every game. Reggie Wayne had some spectacular grabs today as well. Tough schedule ahead but I'm totally confident in my team and excited about going to the game the weekend of my birthday! That's gonna be a rockin good time.
Well it's still raining outside and I think it's time to curl up in bed with a good chick flick and some brownie ice cream. Here's hoping tomorrow brightens up.

-Rach

No comments: